The News In Photographs For Augusta co. VA

Traffic From V511virginia.org and Interstate Cameras from trafficland.com

My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Lorie M. Smith (Ward D), Waynesboro City Council - March 12


































PHOTO 1: Lorie M. Smith

PHOTO 2: Smith looking over paperwork she got from her box.

PHOTO 3: Smith and Dowdy having a conversation before the meeting.

PHOTO 4: a troop of Boy Scouts Smith is helping understand how the city Council meetings are broadcast on TV.

PHOTO 5, 6: Smith looking over paperwork before the meeting.

PHOTO 7: Councilwoman Smith listening to a citizens question.

PHOTO 8: Lorie Smith with a college.

PHOTO 9: Smith being questioned by the media.

PHOTO 10: Lorie Smith leaving to go home.

What is it like to be on the city Council?

It is a privilege, I look at myself as a public servant. I do not look at myself as a politician, came here to serve the needs of the community it's the most rewarding thing I have done in terms of service. I look at every issue as very important to those it impacts. I'm somebody that is very process driven and data driven. I rely on lots of input for the decisions I make. It is an extreme honor to serve with my colleagues on the council and to serve the citizens of Waynesboro. I am a native and as someone who has lived here for 44 years, I feel very vested in Waynesboro and the opportunities we currently have. I began in my mind set of running for council last year to get in and put the city in the best position to move forward with this window of opportunity we have, That we might not have in the future. I want to move forward and provide a good quality of life for the citizens of Waynesboro.

What you do to get ready for meeting?

I looked over the packet that we are given the Thursday before the meeting, if I have any questions I'll referred to staff and speak with the city manager. It is important for us to work as a team. We always have issues come during public comment, that we may look into and investigate. Being prepared, and familiar with the information puts us in a better position to have a healthy dialogue between the five of us. That's where the dialogue needs to be had in the public meeting, so the public can hear and see it, and the meetings are televised that really helps us as well.


Photo Nathan Combs
Story help Sigrid Anderson

No comments: