TRAFFIC ALERT FOR WEEK OF June 4-8, 2007
Highway work zones in the Staunton District
The following is a list of highway work that might affect traffic in the Staunton transportation district during the coming weeks. The Staunton district is comprised of 11 counties, Alleghany, Bath , Rockbridge, Augusta, Highland , Rockingham, Shenandoah, Frederick, Page, Warren and Clarke. Work scheduled is subject to change due to inclement weather and material supplies. Motorists are advised to watch for slow-moving tractors during mowing operations. Also, when traveling through a work zone, be alert to periodic changes in traffic patterns and lane closures.
* No activity reported.
* Mile marker 220 to mile marker 237 – Debris cleanup Friday, June 8.
* Various locations – Mowing in the Verona , Mint Springs, Fairfield and Fancy Hill area.
* Route 250 – Expect delays due to trucks entering from Route 636 between Route 637 to Route 358 Monday through Saturday.
* Route 252 – Mowing from Staunton City limits to Rockbridge County line.
* (NEW) Route 262 – Mowing from Interstate 81 to Route 11.
* Route 340 (Rosser Avenue) – Trucks entering from worksite from Route 608 to Route 1501 for utility work in the street with flagger traffic control during daylight hours Monday through Saturday.
* Various Roads – Bridge and curb sweeping at the Swoope Area Headquarters.
* Various Roads – Mowing.
* (NEW) Route 607 – Alternating lane and shoulder closures due to cleaning and painting bridge Sunday through Saturday.
* Route 608 (Cold Springs Road) – Road closed due to a box culvert installation at .20 mile south of Route 891 (Newton Lane) to .5 mile north of Route 666 (Lofton Road) Monday, June 4 through Thursday, June 14 with detour signs posted. Northbound traffic should detour using Route 666 west to Route 11 ( Lee Jackson Highway ) north to Route 662 ( Greenville School Road ) east to Route 608. Southbound traffic should detour using Route 662 west to Route 11 south to Route 666 east to Route 608.
* (NEW) Route 636 – Shoulder closure due to road widening from Route 285/608 to 300-feet east of the AMC Hospital entrance Monday, June 4 through Friday, June 15.
* Route 650 (North Oak Lane) – Road closure over South River due to bridge replacement from Route 624 to Route 664 with signs posted through October 15, 2007. Traffic detoured on Route 624 ( Mt. Torrey Road ) and Route 664 ( Lyndhurst Road ).
* (NEW) Route 663 – Shoulder repair south of Route 612 Monday with one lane road.
* Route 716 – Alternating lane and shoulder closures due to cleaning and painting bridge Sunday through Saturday.
* Route 727 ( Wolfe Ridge Road ) – Road closure due to bridge replacement in the town of Sangersville through August 10, 2007. Signs will be posted and a detour will be in place.
* (NEW) Route 769 – Patching off of Route 256 Tuesday through Friday with one lane road.
* (NEW) Route 772 – Patching off of Route 256 Tuesday through Friday with one lane road.
* Route 809 – Bridge deck maintenance on bridge over Mossy Creek at 0.04 mile east of Route 747 with single lane traffic using flagger traffic control.
* Route 865 – Tree trimming from Route 256 to Route 612 Monday, June 4 through Wednesday, June 6 during daylight hours.
* Route 935 – Expect delays due to trucks entering from worksite from Route 608 to Route 1043. Signs will be posted. No work Monday, June 4 through Friday, June 8.
* Route 1205 – Tree trimming from Route 657 to Route 11 Thursday, June 7 and Friday, June 8 during daylight hours.
* Various Roads – Bridge and curb sweeping Swoope Area Headquarters and Moscow Area Headquarters.
* (NEW) Various Roads – Mowing north and south of Route 256 Monday through Friday.* Various Roads – Patching and mowing.