The News In Photographs For Augusta co. VA

Traffic From V511virginia.org and Interstate Cameras from trafficland.com

My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

CLEANUP CONTINUES AFTER TRUCK OVERTURNS ON I-64 - June 11

CLEANUP CONTINUES AFTER TRUCK OVERTURNS ON I-64

Route 29 also slowed near Exit 118, delays expected until early evening

CULPEPER – Emergency crews are continuing to off-load the cargo from a tractor-trailer that overturned on Interstate 64 East at Exit 118 just west of Charlottesville . Both eastbound lanes are blocked and traffic is slowly maneuvering past the crash in the eastbound acceleration lane. A four-to-five mile backup is reported on I-64 in the eastbound lanes.

Traffic on Route 29 has also been slowed due to the location of the crash.

After the truck’s load of mirror glass is unloaded the truck will be righted and then towed off the interstate. Eastbound traffic on I-64 will be stopped during the operation to right the tractor-trailer

It is estimated that the cleanup and removal will take another two to three hours. Motorists are advised to expect delays on I-64 East as well as on Route 29 both North and South in the vicinity of the I-64 interchange. Message boards and flaggers are directing traffic through the incident. VDOT is advising motorists to avoid the area if possible until the crash is cleared.

No comments: