TRAFFIC ALERT FOR WEEK OF June 18-22, 2007
Highway work zones in the Staunton District
The following is a list of highway work that might affect traffic in the Staunton transportation district during the coming weeks. The Staunton district is comprised of 11 counties, Alleghany, Bath , Rockbridge, Augusta, Highland , Rockingham, Shenandoah, Frederick, Page, Warren and Clarke. Work scheduled is subject to change due to inclement weather and material supplies. Motorists are advised to watch for slow-moving tractors during mowing operations. Also, when traveling through a work zone, be alert to periodic changes in traffic patterns and lane closures.
* No activity reported.
* Mile marker 220 to mile marker 237 – Debris cleanup Friday, June 22.
* Route 250 – Expect delays due to trucks entering from Route 636 between Route 637 to Route 358 Monday through Friday.
* (NEW) Route 256 – Shoulder repairs from Route 772 to Route 773 Wednesday, June 20 with one lane road.
* Route 340 (Rosser Avenue) – Trucks entering from worksite from Route 608 to Route 1501 for utility work in the street with flagger traffic control during daylight hours Monday through Friday.
* (NEW) Route 612 – Bridge maintenance westbound on bridge over I-81 at 0.74 mile east of Route 818 with lane closures from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
* (NEW) Route 619 ( Purple Cow Road ) – Road closed due to pipe replacement from Route 611 to Route 340 Wednesday, June 20 from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
* Route 636 – Shoulder closure due to road widening from Route 285/1377 to 300-feet east of the AMC Hospital entrance through Friday, June 29.
* Route 650 (North Oak Lane) – Road closure over South River due to bridge replacement from Route 624 to Route 664 with signs posted through October 15, 2007. Traffic detoured on Route 624 ( Mt. Torrey Road ) and Route 664 ( Lyndhurst Road ).
* Route 727 ( Wolfe Ridge Road ) – Road closure due to bridge replacement in the town of Sangersville through August 10, 2007. Signs will be posted and a detour will be in place.
* (NEW) Route 732 (Roman Road) – Road closed due to emergency bridge replacement Tuesday, June 26 through Tuesday, July 3 and shoulder improvement with one lane traffic and flagger traffic control Tuesday, June 19 through Thursday, June 21 at .5 mile south of Route 616 (Liberty School Road) to 1.4 miles north of Route 745 (Todd Road). Northbound traffic should detour using Route 745 east to Route 742 east (Mt. Pisgah Road) to Route 626 north (Cider Mill Road) to Route 616 west (Salem Church Road, Gray Fox Road, Liberty School Road) to Route 732. Southbound traffic should detour using Route 616 east to Route 626 south to Route 742 west to Route 745 west to Route 732.
* (NEW) Route 769 – Patching south of Route 256 Monday, June 18 through Friday, June 22 with minor delays.
* (NEW) Route 773 – Patching south of Route 256 Monday, June 18 through Friday, June 22 with minor delays.
* (NEW) Route 775 – Patching south of Route 256 Monday, June 18 through Friday, June 22 with minor delays.
* Route 809 – Bridge deck maintenance on bridge over Mossy Creek at 0.04 mile east of Route 747 with single lane traffic using flagger traffic control.
* (NEW) Various Roads – Mowing south of Route 254 Monday, June 18 through Friday, June 22.
* Various Roads – Patching, mowing and shoulder work.
* (NEW) Route 250 – Mowing from the top of Monterey mountains to the West Virginia line.
* Route 250 – Patching from Monterey to the West Virginia line with single lane traffic and flagger traffic control.
* (NEW) Route 607 – Alternating lane and shoulder closures due to cleaning and painting bridge with flagger traffic control Sunday, June 17 through Saturday, June 23.
* (NEW) Route 612 – Pipeline installation.
* (NEW) Route 614 north – Pipeline installation from 1.03 mile north of Route 618.
* (NEW) Route 614 south – Pipeline installation from 2.089 mile north of the Bath County line.
* (NEW) Route 616 north – Pipeline installation from .150 mile north of Route 250.
* Various Roads – Patching with one lane traffic and flagger traffic control and mowing.