TRAFFIC ALERT FOR WEEK OF June 11-15, 2007
Highway work zones in the Staunton District
The following is a list of highway work that might affect traffic in the Staunton transportation district during the coming weeks. The Staunton district is comprised of 11 counties, Alleghany, Bath , Rockbridge, Augusta, Highland , Rockingham, Shenandoah, Frederick, Page, Warren and Clarke. Work scheduled is subject to change due to inclement weather and material supplies. Motorists are advised to watch for slow-moving tractors during mowing operations. Also, when traveling through a work zone, be alert to periodic changes in traffic patterns and lane closures.
* No activity reported.
* Mile marker 220 to mile marker 237 – Debris cleanup Monday, June 11 through Friday, June 15.
* (NEW) Route 11 – Debris cleanup Monday, June 11 through Friday, June 15.
* Route 250 – Expect delays due to trucks entering from Route 636 between Route 637 to Route 358 Monday through Friday.
* Route 252 – Mowing from Staunton City limits to Rockbridge County line.
* (NEW) Route 256 – Debris cleanup Monday, June 11 through Friday, June 15.
* (NEW) Route 275 – Debris cleanup Monday, June 11 through Friday, June 15.
* (NEW) Route 340 – Debris cleanup Monday, June 11 through Friday, June 15.
* (NEW) Route 340 – Ditching from Route 861 to Route 830 Monday, June 11 through Friday, June 15 with flagger traffic control.
* Route 340 (Rosser Avenue) – Trucks entering from worksite from Route 608 to Route 1501 for utility work in the street with flagger traffic control during daylight hours Monday through Friday.
* Various Roads – Mowing.
* Route 607 – Alternating lane and shoulder closures due to cleaning and painting bridge Sunday through Saturday.
* Route 608 (Cold Springs Road) – Road closed due to a box culvert installation at .20 mile south of Route 891 (Newton Lane) to .5 mile north of Route 666 (Lofton Road) Monday, June 11 through Thursday, June 14 with detour signs posted. Northbound traffic should detour using Route 666 west to Route 11 ( Lee Jackson Highway ) north to Route 662 ( Greenville School Road ) east to Route 608. Southbound traffic should detour using Route 662 west to Route 11 south to Route 666 east to Route 608.
* (NEW) Route 612 – Tree trimming from Route 792 to Route 865 Monday, June 11 to Friday, June 15 during daylight hours.
* Route 636 – Shoulder closure due to road widening from Route 285/608 to 300-feet east of the AMC Hospital entrance through Friday, June 29.
* Route 650 (North Oak Lane) – Road closure over South River due to bridge replacement from Route 624 to Route 664 with signs posted through October 15, 2007. Traffic detoured on Route 624 ( Mt. Torrey Road ) and Route 664 ( Lyndhurst Road ).
* Route 716 – Alternating lane closures due to cleaning and painting bridge Sunday through Saturday with flagger traffic control.
* Route 727 ( Wolfe Ridge Road ) – Road closure due to bridge replacement in the town of Sangersville through August 10, 2007. Signs will be posted and a detour will be in place.
* (NEW) Route 732 (Roman Road) – Road closed due to emergency bridge replacement Tuesday, June 26 through Tuesday, July 3 from .5 mile south of Route 616 (Liberty School Road) to 1.4 miles north of Route 745 (Todd Road). Northbound traffic should detour using Route 745 east to Route 742 east (Mt. Pisgah Road) to Route 626 north (Cider Mill Road) to Route 616 west (Salem Church Road, Gray Fox Road, Liberty School Road) to Route 732. Southbound traffic should detour using Route 616 east to Route 626 south to Route 742 west to Route 745 west to Route 732.
* Route 809 – Bridge deck maintenance on bridge over Mossy Creek at 0.04 mile east of Route 747 with single lane traffic using flagger traffic control.
* (NEW) Route 1201 – Road closed due to tree removal on Graham Street Thursday, June 14 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* Various Roads – Patching at Verona Area Headquarters, mowing and dust control at Verona and Moscow Area Headquarters Monday through Friday.