AGENDA FOR WAYNESBORO CITY COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON MONDAY, JUNE 25, 2007, AT 7:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CHARLES T. YANCEY MUNICIPAL BUILDING AT 503 WEST MAIN STREET, WAYNESBORO, VIRGINIA.
1. Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
2. Consent Agenda (any item placed on the consent agenda shall be removed and taken up as a separate matter, if so requested by any member of Council, otherwise all items will be voted on with one (1) motion).
a. Approval of minutes (6/4/07 Work Session; 6/11/07 Regular Meeting).
b. Second consideration/adoption of ordinance appropriating $7,680.00 in federal categorical revenues from a Bullet Proof Vest Partnership Program Grant to the Police Department for FY07 expenditures and the General Fund Unreserved Fund Balance for prior fiscal year expenditures for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007.
c. Second consideration/adoption of ordinance appropriating $18,500.00 to the Youth Corp. Employment Fund Operating for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007.
d. Second consideration/adoption of ordinance making an additional appropriation of $5,000.00 from the State Department of Health Better Beginnings Program to the Teen Pregnancy Prevention Fund Operating for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007.
e. Second consideration/adoption of ordinance appropriating $85,922.00 from certain grant revenues and the Youth and Family Services Fund Balance for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007.
f. Second consideration/adoption of ordinance re-appropriating funds for certain FY07 expenditures to a reserve for FY07 encumbrances for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007. (Encumbrance Rollover)
g. Second consideration/adoption of ordinance appropriating $4,287.00 in donations received by the Parks and Recreation Department for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007.
h. Second consideration/adoption of ordinance assessing additional costs in each criminal or traffic case for funding of courthouse security personnel pursuant to Section 53.1-120, effective July 1, 2007.
i. Approval of request from Church of God of Prophecy, 1532 Second Street, Waynesboro, Virginia, to close Second Street from Jackson Avenue to Kirby Avenue on Saturday, July 7, 2007, from 10:00 A.M. until 10:00 P.M. and for amplified music for a community blessing outreach event.
j. Scheduling of Public Hearing for Monday, July 9, 2007, for the issuance of General Obligation Public Improvement Bonds for funding of the Capital Improvements Plan.
3. Consider an appointment to the Economic Development Authority and an appointment to the Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
4. Presentation of the Plan of Finance for the Capital Improvements Plan from Davenport and Company.
5. Consider adoption of a resolution to add the employees of the Constitutional Offices to the City’s pay plan.
6. Consideration of an increase in tipping fees at the Augusta Regional Landfill (formerly Jollivue Landfill).
7. Consider authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract for construction drawings for refurbishment of the Ridgeview Park tennis courts.
8. Consider approval of the project scope and authorization of initiation of design and procurement related to work to upgrade two ball fields at Ridgeview Park pursuant to the approved Capital Improvement Plan.
9. Consider authorization of initiation of procurement of a new playground for North Park pursuant to the approved Capital Improvement Plan.
10. Presentation of the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program (JAG) for public review by Carol Blair, Office on Youth Director.
11. Consider adoption of a resolution designating Waynesboro Census Tract 31 as a targeted redevelopment area.
12. Citizens’ comment period.
13. Communication, Correspondence, and Calendar
14. Hold a Closed Meeting under Section 2.2-3711 of the Freedom of Information Act, Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, (a)(1) to discuss specific officers, appointees, or employees of the City for purposes authorized in such section, more specifically to discuss applicants for the position of Clerk of Council and to conduct to performance evaluations of Charter employees; (a) (5) regarding discussion concerning a prospective business or industry or the expansion of an existing business or industry where no previous announcement has been made of the business’ or industry’s interest in locating or expanding its facilities in the community; and (a)(7) for consultation with counsel pertaining to actual or probable litigation, where such consultation or briefing in open meeting would adversely affect the negotiating or litigating posture of the public body, and receiving the advice of counsel on the same, more specifically to be briefed by the City Attorney on a matter of potential litigation and to receive further consultation with counsel regarding a potential appeal of a Board of Zoning Appeals decision overturning a ruling of the Zoning Administrator.
The Waynesboro City Council encourages the participation of all City citizens. For those with special needs, please notify the Clerk of Council (540-942-6669) of any accommodations required, including assisted listening device, at least five days prior to the meeting you wish to attend.