1. Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
2. Consent Agenda (any item placed on the consent agenda shall be removed and taken up as a separate matter, if so requested by any member of Council, otherwise all items will be voted on with one (1) motion).
a. Approval of minutes.
b. Second consideration/adoption of ordinance amending City Code Section 98-565, “Procedures for Proffering Conditions to Zoning District Regulations”.
c. Second consideration/adoption of ordinance granting a Conditional Use Permit to allow 7 lots of a 10-unit townhome building to be accessed by an access easement and to not have frontage on a public street in an RB-2 (Multiple Dwelling) District on property known by an unnumbered street address on Lyndhurst Road, Waynesboro, Virginia, legally described as Tax Map/Parcel 62-1-5 & 5B, the Comprehensive Plan designation being Large Lot Single Family on the request of Rutherford Construction, agent, for Edgeworth, LLC, owner.
d. Second consideration/adoption of ordinance granting a Conditional Use Permit to expand a current use to include automobile sales at an auto repair shop in a C-2 (General Business) District on property known by street address as 200 N. Bayard Avenue, Waynesboro, Virginia, legally described as Tax Map/Parcel 46-1-44, Lots 19-21, BCMM&L Co. Plat, the Comprehensive Plan designation being Mixed Use District on the request of Doug Huffman, applicant and lessee for CPR Properties, LLC, owner.
e. Second consideration/adoption of ordinance making additional appropriations of $1,854.00 to the School Fund for the fiscal year ending
f. Second consideration/adoption of ordinance making additional appropriations of $1,500.00 to the School Fund for the fiscal year ending
g. Adoption of resolution granting Preliminary Subdivision Plat approval of property described legally as Tax Map/Parcel 62-1-5 & 5B, 23.975 acres located on Lyndhurst Road, Waynesboro, Virginia, presently zoned RB-2 (Multiple Dwelling District), for a 90-lot subdivision to include 19 single-family lots and 71 townhomes on the request of Rutherford Construction, agent, for Edgeworth, LLC, owner.
h. Appointment of Bonnie S. Stephenson as an additional Acting Clerk of Council.
3. Consider an appointment to the Economic Development Authority and an appointment to the Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
4. Presentation of the Recreation Commission’s position on the leash law at
5. Consideration of authorization to enter into a contract with HSMM for an initial phase of engineering and design work (conducting a floodway study) at the Basic Park Baseball/Softball Complex.
6. Introduction of the following ordinances:
a. Appropriating $7,680.00 in federal categorical revenues from a Bullet Proof Vest Partnership Program Grant to the Police Department for FY07 expenditures and the General Fund Unreserved Fund Balance for prior fiscal year expenditures for the fiscal year ending
b. Appropriating $18,500.00 to the Youth Corp. Employment Fund Operating for the fiscal year ending
c. Making an additional appropriation of $5,000.00 from the State Department of Health Better Beginnings Program to the Teen Pregnancy Prevention Fund Operating for the fiscal year ending
d. Appropriating $85,922.00 from certain grant revenues and the Youth and Family Services Fund Balance for the fiscal year ending
e. Re-appropriating funds for certain FY07 expenditures to a reserve for FY07 encumbrances for the fiscal year ending
f. Appropriating $4,287.00 in donations received by the Parks and Recreation Department for the fiscal year ending
g. Assessing additional costs in each criminal or traffic case for funding of courthouse security personnel pursuant to Section 53.1-120, effective
7. Citizens’ comment period.
8. Communication, Correspondence, and Calendar