The News In Photographs For Augusta co. VA

Traffic From V511virginia.org and Interstate Cameras from trafficland.com

My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

340 3 Car wreck - May 23



Friday 23, 2008 - 7:30am Rt. 340 near Old White Hill Road. Jeremy Rasnake fell a sleep at the wheel of his Bronco. Cheryl Sheaves was air-lifted to UVA was seriously injured in the head in a collision near Stuarts Draft.

Rasnake's Ford Bronco crossed the center line and hit Sheaves Ford Thunderbird head on. The other driver Carl L. Simmons driving the 3rd car was transported to AMC with non life threating injuries.

Rasnake will face charges of DUI, driving on a suspended license and not wearing a seat belt.

Photo/story Nathan Combs

4 comments:

Waynes world of blog! said...

Interesting pics, did they both survive? Wayne

The Photograph said...

So far they have.

NokeChic07 said...

According to the newsleader, Cheryl Sheaves passed away and an additional charge of involuntary manslaughter has been brought against Rasnake.

The Photograph said...

I know it is a sad thing to happen.
I was was waiting till I got independent confirmation on it. I can not print info from the news papers ect.. with out confirming it with the State Police. it would be irresponsible of me to do so. I was waiting till later today to call them. I wonted to let them do there investigation first and give them a bit of time.

thow on a personal note my priers are with her family.